Statement of Purpose

This project is an investigation of 5 Martial Arts styles. Self-defense is a major theme in martial arts today and to better understand how different martial arts schools and styles treat self-defense I am going to learn all I can (given time restraints) about each of the five styles. These schools will be chosen from a list of local martial arts studios, and the style will be the one that is taught at that studio. Many studios teach multiple styles, so in this case on of the styles taught there will be analyzed. At the end of the project all the schools I visited will be rated and scored to show in which areas they excel or by contrast, fall short.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Visiting Schools

Dear Readers,
       I am in the process of narrowing down local Martial arts studios for me to visit. We are at a list of 12 so far, but the final list will only include four. I will be scoring my original style, American Kenpo, as well as the other four styles so that I have a style that I intimately understand. Do not think this will mean that i will be biased towards American Kenpo, I will strive to be as neutral as possible. But, in reality, I will most likely be harder on American Kenpo because it's my style. When I have chosen all the schools I will be visiting I will post them on the Blog so that they are known to anyone following this blog.
Thank You
Mr. Waaler

No comments:

Post a Comment