Statement of Purpose

This project is an investigation of 5 Martial Arts styles. Self-defense is a major theme in martial arts today and to better understand how different martial arts schools and styles treat self-defense I am going to learn all I can (given time restraints) about each of the five styles. These schools will be chosen from a list of local martial arts studios, and the style will be the one that is taught at that studio. Many studios teach multiple styles, so in this case on of the styles taught there will be analyzed. At the end of the project all the schools I visited will be rated and scored to show in which areas they excel or by contrast, fall short.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Martial Styles

Dear Readers,
       I have to choose four styles that will be rated in my project besides American Kenpo. I have been contemplating over which styles i should choose, i am leaning towards commonly taught martial arts with large followings in the United States. I am currently in the process of trying to find schools in Scottsdale, Arizona that i should go to train a bit at (to better understand their style of martial arts). If you know any good schools that would be willing to help me in my quest to better understand and rate their style, please comment with their name address and/or website.
Thanks
Mr. Waaler

No comments:

Post a Comment